Re: lynx-dev 2.8.4dev.18 random crashes

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.4dev.18 random crashes
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:52:03 -0500

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 05:13:32AM -0300, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 11:21:12PM +0000, David Woolley wrote:
> > >
> > > How can I help, if a problem with Lynx?
> >
> > You need to reproduce the fault with tracing enabled.
>
> Unfortunately I'm able to reproduce the fault, but I get a
> trace file of ~100Mb in seconds. Is there any way to avoid
> this? I tried disabling trace, removing the file, and enabling
> it again, but then no trace file is created.

someone sent me a different url this afternoon which breaks "immediately"
(actually I got an 80Mb trace file, which apparently is TRST going in
some sort of loop).

that's this one:
        http://freenet.sourceforge.net

(I'm attempting to debug a cut-down version of it which only gives me
a 20Mb trace ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com