lynx-dev Adding script support

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: lynx-dev Adding script support
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 17:24:17 -0500

I looked through DOM-level1-html definition,

 http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1/level-one-core.html
 http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1/level-one-html.html

and see nothing which cannot be *easily* supported by lynx.  Granted,
there is no onclick() etc there, but do we actually *need* them (at
least in the first draft)?

I suppose that there is a library which implements DOM-level1-html.
Then one needs to plug-in/rewrite document.write() code to work in the
same spirit as HTftp.c or HThttp.c.

To add the support for onclick() etc. all one needs to do is keep the
DOM object pointer stored in the HTText object, and have HTanchor keep
references to the corresponding DOM elements...

Ilya