Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.19 -- ADDENDVM

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.19 -- ADDENDVM
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 14:14:59 -0500

010302 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 10:45:15PM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
>> there's still a problem that Lynx, Mutt & Most don't recognise `white'
>> -- `white' -> `lightgray' & `gray' -> `black' -- ,
>> whereas Vim has no such problem: any further thoughts?
> The color names are specific to the program (lynx, mutt or vim).
> The actual colors that can be shown are determined by the terminal itself.

so what name does Lynx use for what  xterm-color  shows as white?
the terminal shows it for Vim (as i write), but not when Lynx asks for `white',
when it shows the same as when Lynx asks for `lightgray'.

> I didn't know that "most" does color (I stopped using it several years ago).

Most shows useful colors for man files & the keys are configurable:
those are the features which cause me to use it a/a eg Less.