Re: lynx-dev White on white?

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: lynx-dev White on white?
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 01:08:44 -0500

Thomas wrote:

    rgb.txt shows this:

    240 248 255             alice blue

    which is close to white, but not exactly.  (When you tell xterm to
    display -fg white -bg aliceblue, what do you expect it to do?)

What is your point?  *I* did not ask it show white on aliceblue.  When
I run with *my* .lss, I do not have any problem (though without any
documentation to .lss it was a horrible PITA to achieve).

What I'm reporting is that the *default* lynx config is unusable on
typical systems.  Again: if you need a specific color of background,
set it before you set the foreground.

Ilya