lynx-dev Re: Cygwin/Lynx Progress

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Cygwin/Lynx Progress
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:20:10 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Lloyd Rasmussen wrote:

> A copy of Lynx is built, but there are several things wrong with it.
> It seems to require the cygwin1.dll file in order to run.  The home
> and end keys don't do anything; cursor keys, Pgup, Pgdn, space, b,
> etc. do work.  Shift-Tab acts the same as Tab, moving to the next
> link.  I think this configuration doesn't know it's supposed to be
> compiled for Windows 9X/2000/NT.

All cygwin programs require cygwin1.dll to run. If you want the
binary to run when you aren't in a bash shell, copy cygwin1.dll
to your Windows\System directory. Home and End keys work for me.
Which version of ncurses are you using? I compile ncurses from the
latest version available from Tom's site. I compiled dev.16 with
ncurses-5.2 and dev.10 with ncurses-5.1, patched with the latest
patches available when I did the build. Let me know if you want a
copy of the configuration script I used to compile ncurses.

                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden