Re: lynx-dev Why isn't the show_image option saved?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Why isn't the show_image option saved?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:41:21 +0900 (JST)

> > At this point Lynx will ignore images, but when a new Lynx session is
> > started, the show Images option is back to its default of 'As Labels'.
> >
> > I've checked my .lynxrc file and verified that a new one is written when I
> > perform the above steps.
> >
> > When I look in the .lynxrc file I do not see any show_images variable.  Only
> > the verbose_images.
> >
> > How can I permenantly set images to 'ignore'?
>
> consider this a bug report - will try to review these and make them

Why a bug report?

The 2.8.4dev.15 O)ption page says: "(options marked with (!) will not
be saved)."  Image handling on the O)ption page is marked with a "(!)."
It would be a bug if the setting was made permanently in .lynxrc.

At the time such options were put on the O)ption menu, I warned that we
would be getting this kind of complaint.  There is a toggle ('*'), you
know, which makes the entry on the O)ption page superfluous.

The place to make permanent preferences for this option is in lynx.cfg.
Please set the following to meet your needs: VERBOSE_IMAGES,
MAKE_LINKS_FOR_ALL_IMAGES and MAKE_PSEUDO_ALTS_FOR_INLINES.

__Henry