lynx-dev Re: can't follow the link in table

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: lynx-dev Re: can't follow the link in table
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:54:41 -0500

The example of Hataguchi Takeshi works OK with my patches applied.

This style is what google does, and, BTW, it is going to be extremely
hard to process when Lynx is smart enough to align text in tables not
only by horizontal movement, but also by vertical movement.

The links are served with text "\n(Number)".  With tags, it is shown
as

  [ord]
  (Number)

Now imagine several such things in different cells of the same row.
With horizontal alignment it becomes

 1 [43]
    2  [44]
        3  [45]
            4  [46]
                5

Here [44] relates to 3 etc.  Now assume we align stuff vertically too:

 1 [43] [44] [45] [46]
   2     3   4    5

Note how the the "tag" becomes disconnected from its text if you read
the table in the "usual" way: left-to-right then up-to-down...  And
such reading is what Lynx usually does...

Ilya