Re: lynx-dev inference find?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev inference find?
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:28:59 -0500 (EST)

From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>

    010330 Larry W. Virden wrote:
    > has anyone actually found a way to use the inference find
search engine
    > with lynx?  When I go there, there are no links on the
page.  I get
    > a lynx message saying that there are hidden links, but with
the latest
    > (19) patched developer build, pressing l does not reveal
them, despite
    > lynx' assurance that it will...

    i get a link called `hidden' (following directions in
lynx.cfg ),
    which leads to a screen telling me Inference Find is no
longer hosted there.
    no problem with Lycos, which found my good friend Aristotle
at once.

Are we saying that special configuration changes from the default
are needed for lynx to be used with a site that, by default, is
listed in the help files?  <scratches head>.  I am really puzzled
by that decision.  But fine, I guess we can tell every new user
that is yet another change to their cfg they have to make before
lynx 'works'.  Sigh.

Re: lycos - if lycos works for one user and not another, both
using the same version of lynx, then it sounds like rather than a
simple doc change we have a bug condition.  I will submit a bug
report shortly.
--
Larry W. Virden <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this