Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.20

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.20
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:11:33 -0400 (EDT)

Platform: SPARC Sun Solaris 8, Sun compiler 5.1

I just downloaded, patched, did a make clean, configured (using the same
script as I used previously), and built this new version.

The resulting lynx doesn't display in color, whereas the previous
one did.

Instead of colors, I get a weird inverse effect.

See http://www.purl.org/net/lvirden/lynxdiff.gif for a snapshot of the
difference.  The window on the left is a dtterm running lynx 2.8.4dev.19 .
The window on the right is a dtterm running lynx 2.8.4dev.20 .

Both are using the same config files, lynxrc file, etc.  I've not
done the make install step.

Here's the differences between the Configuration Definitions:

2c2
<              Configuration Definitions (Lynx Version 2.8.4dev.19)
---
>              Configuration Definitions (Lynx Version 2.8.4dev.20)
82c82
< func_vfork_works                    'no'
---
> func_vfork_works                    'yes'
137a138
> ncurses_broken                      'no'
139c140
< ncurses_version                     'no'
---
> ncurses_version                     '5.2.20010224'
189c190
< set_errno                           'no'
---
> set_errno                           'yes'
197c198
< type_getgroups                      'int'
---
> type_getgroups                      'gid_t'
217a219
> CAN_SET_ERRNO                       1
235c237
< GETGROUPS_T                         int
---
> GETGROUPS_T                         gid_t
368d369
< vfork                               fork

Here's the configuration script:

export LIBS=" -L/usr/tcl83/lib -L/vol/lwv26ldatae/lib
-R/projects/intranet/lib:/usr/tcl83/lib:/vol/lwv26ldatae/lib -lz
-L/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/lib
-R/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/lib -lncurses "
export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/tcl83/include -I/vol/lwv26ldatae/include
-I/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/include"
export CFLAGS="-g -Xc"
export CC=cc
export TN3270="gettso 2"

  $PWD/configure  --prefix=/projects/intranet \
        --libdir=/projects/intranet/lib/lynx \
        --includedir=/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/include \
        --with-screen=ncurses \
        --with-included-gettext \
        --with-ssl=/projects/intranet \
        --with-catgets \
        --with-zlib \
        --enable-debug \
        --enable-source-cache \
        --enable-addrlist-page \
        --enable-cgi-links \
        --enable-default-colors \
        --enable-extended-dtd \
        --enable-externs \
        --enable-file-upload \
        --enable-forms-options \
        --enable-included-msgs \
        --enable-libjs  \
        --enable-nls \
        --enable-nsl-fork \
        --enable-partial \
        --enable-persistent-cookies \
        --enable-prettysrc \
        --enable-read-eta     \
        --enable-scrollbar    \
        --enable-source-cache \
        --enable-justify-elts \
        --enable-file-upload \

   make all
exit 0
--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>