Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.20

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.20
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:45:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Platform: SPARC Sun Solaris 8, Sun compiler 5.1
>
> I just downloaded, patched, did a make clean, configured (using the same
> script as I used previously), and built this new version.
>
> The resulting lynx doesn't display in color, whereas the previous
> one did.
>
> Instead of colors, I get a weird inverse effect.

odd - the only place I changed the configure script should not have broken
this (I built/deleted binaries on Solaris 2.5.1 yesterday for testing,
built/retained on Digital Unix, Linux and win32, and colors work properly
for me with xterm - can retest later today with dtterm on Solaris 7).

If that were xterm, perhaps it would be because the terminfo SGR 22 is
not recognized, leaving inverse video set (but iirc, dtterm does
recognize it).

> See http://www.purl.org/net/lvirden/lynxdiff.gif for a snapshot of the
> difference.  The window on the left is a dtterm running lynx 2.8.4dev.19 .
> The window on the right is a dtterm running lynx 2.8.4dev.20 .
>
> Both are using the same config files, lynxrc file, etc.  I've not
> done the make install step.
>
> Here's the differences between the Configuration Definitions:

they shouldn't be different - the only odd thing (other than that there
are differences) is that dev.19 was built w/o ncurses, and dev.20 with,
and that your gcc install was for Solaris 2.6 which may not work well
with Solaris 8.  ("May not" means that I'm one of the people who recalls
that gcc built for Solaris 2.4 didn't work properly on Solaris 2.5 because
termio changed).

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com