Re: lynx-dev order of cfg reading

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev order of cfg reading
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:55:26 -0400

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 09:33:26PM +0200, Erika Pacholleck wrote:
> I could not find any statements about the order the configuration
> files are read at startup.
>
> That will effect how to use INCLUDE restrictions.
> Supposed I have as well systemwide and personal files
> - .profile
> - .lynx.cfg
> ( + one additinal /etc/lynx/previliged.cfg )
> how is the "official" order of reading in those files at startup?

lynx.cfg is "really" just one large file, which can be split-up with include
statements.  There's only one top-level file which can include others.
That lets a sysadmin for instance add a
        include:~/.lynx.cfg for colors startfile
line last.  If the file doesn't exist, lynx ignores it.

I'm using it in the opposite direction: my home account has a configuration
file which includes lynx.cfg, making it unnecessary to edit lynx.cfg after
installing it.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com