lynx-dev wrong arg count for touchline

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev wrong arg count for touchline
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 16:23:27 -0400

I'm compiling the latest lynx on NetBSD 1.5, with these options:

  --enable-nls
  --with-screen=ncurses
  --disable-finger
  --disable-gopher
  --enable-config-info
  --with-ssl=/usr/pkg/include

The ncurses package version 5.1 is under /usr/pkg/{lib,include}, so I've
set CFLAGS to find those directories (-I/usr/pkg/include -L/usr/pkg/lib)

Apparently I'm mixing up the BSD and ncurses touchline functions
somewhere. The last lines in the compile log are:

./LYCurses.c: In function `LYtouchline':
./LYCurses.c:1559: too many arguments to function `touchline'
*** Error code 1

I've put the usual configure logs on jim . spath . com /lynx/
make.out lynx_cfg.h makefile config.status config.log config.cache

>From what I can see, ncurses is properly found, tested for, and set
up for linking, but the OS definition for touchline is overriding it
somewhere. The /usr/pkg/include directory has ncurses.h, while the
/usr/include directory has curses.h (the BSD default). Config.log seems
to be including <curses.h> rather than <ncurses.h>, but I thought that
should cause configure to fail instead of the compile step.

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Come on then; let's get this over with as soon as possible.