lynx-dev question about dump

From: Eduardo Chappa
Subject: lynx-dev question about dump
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:28:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

 I have a question that hopefully someone will know the answer. I want to
use the command:

lynx -dump http://some.address.com/file.gz > file_result

my question is, will it always be the case the file "file_result" is the
decompressed version of "file.gz" or is there some configuration option
that actually manages this, and if the answer is no, will it be the case
that file_result and file.gz will be the same file, and in this case does
it make sense to set -width=X to a big number?

 Thank you for your attention.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/