Re: lynx-dev i cant get o

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev i cant get o
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 18:53:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 18 May 2001 address@hidden wrote:

> thanks to everyone for the tips. Sorry about being so unclear,
> I used the lynx_kit package which sais to run fine on dos
> also. Right now I downloaded the one on dkaufman's ftp site
> and also bookmarked some other versions just in case. I'll

Lynx_kit used to have an old version of the DJGPP port of lynx.
Recently, Rene Ludwig put the binary which I compiled into lynx_kit,
so the lynx binary should be the same as the one you get from my web
site. I believe that Rene is also using Toni Lopez's DOSPPP for the
dialup PPP connection. If you had an older version of lynx_kit, it
had a different lynx binary and different PPP program. As I suggested
before, it may be simplest to reinstall your package from scratch.
Note that the package on my site does not have automated installation.
To use it, you would need to read the instructions and edit the batch
files yourself.

If the problem is with the setup, rather than with the lynx program
itself, the DOSLYNX-DEV mailing list is probably more appropriate than
lynx-dev.
                                 Doug

__
Doug Kaufman