Ncurses vs lynx problem resolution help sought [Was: Re: lynx-dev Status

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Ncurses vs lynx problem resolution help sought [Was: Re: lynx-dev Status of lynx?
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 06:36:52 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:29:30 -0400
From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>

>On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 07:30:14AM -0400, Larry W. Virden wrote:
>> What I was expecting was color highliting for hyperlinks, headings, etc.
>> My terminal is, by default, a gray background with black letters.
>> The last 'successful' lynx build I had would continue to display a
>> gray background with normal text in black, with hyperlinks in blue,
>> italics in read, nothing special with bold, and the cursor position in red.
>>
>> What I get now is weird:
>>
>> Background is shown as black, text is displayed as grey background with
>> black letters, hyperlinks are shown as either white or grey underlined
>> text with black background, and the current cursor position is shown as
>> gray background and black letters.  Text input fields are white underlined
>> black spaces.
>
>no - the pictures you showed didn't look like a problem with bce mismatch,
>and the tests I've run on Solaris 2.5.1 don't show any problems.  It's
>possible that you have a $HOME/.terminfo directory confusing ncurses,
>but the usual symptom of that is lack of colors.  I don't have an account
>on a Solaris past 2.6 (I think you said this was with Solaris 2.8), so
>I couldn't analyze it myself -- but running strace on the executable would
>provide at least enough info to see that it's getting the right terminfo
>entry loaded.  If that's not the problem - a library mismatch is harder
>to analyze.

Refresher of my problem.

Most recent versions of lynx 2.8.4dev  and ncurses 5.2.
Platform: SPARC Solaris 2.6
Sun compiler
lynx coloring not working right.

I can provide versions, etc.  I'm working on building the latest
ncurses right now - will link against the latest lynx .  But I don't
expect any differences.
--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>