Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.4pre.1

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.4pre.1
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:09:49 -0400

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 03:31:27PM -0400, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
>
> > hmm - I think partly this is a case of differing expectations.  The
> > colorfgbg
> > option is used to tell ncurses that it can get the actual values of
> > foreground
> > and background from $COLORTERM (which is set automatically by rxvt, but may
> > be
> > in your environment for some other reason).  Normally lynx's background is
> > set
> > to "white" (actually gray since it's not bright).  So the one on the right
> > looks (hmm) normal to me with the out-of-the-box color scheme.
>
> The one on the right is, in fact, what I am wanting to end up with after
> building lynx....
>

> > Your earlier picture showed some odd off/on color transitions which I don't
> > see
> > in this picture (good, so far).  But that does look like dtterm (the
> > titlebar
> > and the shades of colors).
>
> I assume that removing the widec and colorfgbg from the ncurses build resulted
> in this - that's the only difference.

I'm guessing that the colorfgbg was turning on some logic that made lynx try to
use the terminal's default colors.  (if you have only some text in color, it's
not as noticeable when colors aren't working properly).  If that were removed,
then it would possibly revert to whatever colors you have explicitly (which
is confusing me because lynx's out-of-the-box specifies white background).

> and here's what configure reported:
>
> checking for assume_default_colors... yes

it shouldn't be reversed...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com