Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.4pre.1

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.4pre.1
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:45:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> re: it shouldn't be reversed
>

> Agreed.  So what can we do to figure out why it is?

We have to figure out whether it's a problem in ncurses, or something that
is in your configuration which is doing that.  I can "see" if ncurses is
sending controls consistent with dtterm by looking at a typescript file
(by running lynx in script).  That would dispose of the issue about
whether the terminfo is correct.  A trace from 'truss' (or strace) would
prove if it's getting the terminfo from ncurses, or from some directory
overridden by the $TERMINFO variable.

Both of those wouldn't prove if there is a problem in ncurses or your
configuration, but it would be helpful.  (If it's a problem in ncurses,
we can try tracing that...)

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com