Re: lynx-dev Is this List for Lynx users or *just* developers

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is this List for Lynx users or *just* developers
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:16:38 -0400

010606 Duke Normandin wrote:
> As a Lynx user (but not a developer or programmer),
> I'm getting a little annoyed at asking a question on this list
> and not receiving some kind of reply.

we're all volunteers, who have other calls on our time.
your message was only  3 days ago  & looked like a developer's query:
i read it, but didn't respond, as it's outside my own experience.
everyone who's been around lynx-dev for a while knows
that tables -- & Javascript -- are Lynx's principal weaknesses.

> The traffic on this list is minimal, so _volume_ can't be the problem.

it used to be a lot heavier, but some of the programmers have dropped out,
perhaps intimidated by the amount of work required
to tackle the items above & generally to sort out spaghetti areas of code.

> Am I on the wrong list? Is there a Lynx-users list? Thanks!

it's always been the consensus that developers & users should mix
with benefits to both groups.

in short, be a bit more patient & be prepared to contribute solutions:
i believe TD has pointed out a section on tables in Users Guide.