Re: lynx-dev DOS patch for lynx2.8.4pre.1

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev DOS patch for lynx2.8.4pre.1
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 07:09:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> be viewed, but I worry that there are other problems lurking as files
> that had always been binary are now in text mode. Perhaps it would be
> best to redefine TXT_W and TXT_R as "w" and "r" respectively under
> DJGPP.

sorry about that (but at least BIN_W/BIN_R are explicit - that implicit
business broke something on OS/2 EMX or U/Win, which got me to look & find
the other places).

> Also note that DJGPP/gcc defines unix, __unix__, and __unix, but not
> UNIX.

'UNIX' should only be defined by the configure script.

If DJGPP defines 'unix', etc., that's a bug which we should not rely
upon.  In any case, ifdef's for 'unix'/etc., generate a lot of warning
messages for some platforms.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com