Re: lynx-dev Is this List for Lynx users or *just* developers

From: Duke Normandin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is this List for Lynx users or *just* developers
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:36:40 -0600

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 10:40:11PM +0100, David Woolley wrote:
> > element for <td>. I want to display a simple 'navbar' like:
> >
> > Prev                  Home                Up                      Next
>
> Lynx is one of the few browsers that handles this properly!!
> The right way of doing this is to use link elements.  That way the browser
> produces a consistent layout (even if it isn't the layout you wanted.

The right way?? I don't think so, bud! The right way, is the way _I_ want
the content to be displayed! I agree that the 'link' element is a "least
common denominator", and as such is probably supported on all browsers.
That's _all_ that I can say for it though.

> Note that your use of tables is deprecated in favour of style sheets on
> the big 2 browsers.

I agree -- and have used 'stylesheets' often -- but.... they're useless
if you want to include Lynx in the equation. Thanks for your input!
--
-duke
Calgary, Alberta, Canada