Re: lynx-dev Is this List for Lynx users or *just* developers

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is this List for Lynx users or *just* developers
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 07:46:51 -0400 (EDT)

From: Duke Normandin <address@hidden>

> The right way?? I don't think so, bud! The right way, is the way _I_ want
> the content to be displayed!

You are working in the wrong medium.  Would you complain about the fact
that you wanted to paint your house green, and the granite used for
sculpting wasn't leaving the right color?

HTML is not designed for providing page designer level controls on the
display and interaction of a page.

Make use of something like Acrobat PDF, Flash, etc. if you want exact
control.  Otherwise, people who have to have java/javascript/etc. turned
off, who are not permitted to make use of plugins, etc. are not going
to be able to see the page the way you want anyways.
--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>