Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.4pre.1

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.4pre.1
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 06:35:02 -0400

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 12:10:23PM -0400, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Here's my current set of config flags for lynx:
>
> configure  --prefix=/projects/intranet \
>         --libdir=/projects/intranet/lib/lynx \
>         --includedir=${gnu}/include \
>         --with-screen=ncurses \
>         --with-included-gettext \
>         --with-ssl=/projects/intranet \
>         --with-catgets \
>         --with-zlib \
>         --enable-debug \
>         --enable-source-cache \
>         --enable-addrlist-page \
>         --enable-cgi-links \
>         --enable-externs \
>         --enable-file-upload \
>         --enable-forms-options \
>         --enable-included-msgs \
>         --enable-nls \
>         --enable-nsl-fork \
>         --enable-partial \
>         --enable-persistent-cookies \
>         --enable-read-eta     \
>         --enable-source-cache \
>         --enable-justify-elts \
ok - in your followup to me, you have in your lynx.cfg

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 07:50:11AM -0400, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> COLOR:0:default:default
> COLOR:1:blue:default
> COLOR:2:yellow:blue
> COLOR:3:green:default
> COLOR:4:magenta:default
> COLOR:5:brown:default
> COLOR:6:red:default
> COLOR:7:cyan:magenta

back to the original problem - your lynx configure options don't include
        --enable-default-colors
which is needed for the "default" color option to work as you intended.
Otherwise, ncurses 5.2 defaults to white-on-black, and lynx isn't
asking ncurses to modify that, since the call to assume_default_colors()
is contingent upon configuring to support default colors.

I didn't spot this on the first report, since the "good" picture looks
much like the normal black-on-white which lynx produces without the
default colors feature.  Instead, you had gotten it by using default
colors on top of dtterm's background (looks the same).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com