lynx-dev Distributable Cygwin Versions

From: Lloyd Rasmussen
Subject: lynx-dev Distributable Cygwin Versions
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:25:24 -0400

I've finally gotten enough things straightened out that I compiled
2.8.4 Pre2 on Cygwin with SSL.  I've been trying to let someone else
try out the program, but find that several of the DLLs need to be
included if Cygwin is not running.  But it appears to me that Lynx
won't run unless most of Cygwin is installed on your system.  Am I
correct?  The current problem is that it cannot find a term=cygwin;
and if you set term=vt100 before starting Lynx, it can't find that
either.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that,  with Cygwin's BASH running,
I could not only use it with a DOS screen reader and the text
interface (home and end keys don't work right in that configuration)
but also through the RXVT program, with my Windows screen reader,
which looks a lot like Windows telnet into the Cygwin environment.

Any input?

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
home:  <address@hidden> <http://lras.home.sprynet.com/>
Work:  <address@hidden>         <http://www.loc.gov/nls/>