Re: lynx-dev feeding input to lynx-ssl on stdin?

From: bomfog34
Subject: Re: lynx-dev feeding input to lynx-ssl on stdin?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:03:48 -0700

On or about 21 Jun, 2001, Harland Christofferson
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I am trying to use a script and lynx-ssl to logon to
> and navigate an ssl webserver. One attempt I have
> tried follows:

        [...]

> You may get the idea. At this point, I am trying to feed a
> down-arrow, a username, a password, and a carrage-return.

For a while now, there's been an under-documented feature that does what you
want.  Start lynx as:

lynx -cmd_log=yourfile https://whatever.com/

and do whatever it is you want automated.  Your keystrokes will be logged to
"yourfile".  When and if you get to a point in the session where you'll want to
take back control of lynx, I guess you'd have to "Q"uit lynx at that point, and
then edit the log file to remove that "Q".  I don't believe you can turn off
keystroke logging from within lynx, the way you can trace logging.

Then starting with:

lynx -cmd_script=yourfile https://whatever.com/

will replay your desired keystrokes.

--