Re: lynx-dev Re: Downloading Lynx

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Downloading Lynx
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 17:09:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 03:56:37PM -0400, Gribben, Chip (NCI) wrote:
> > OK, all I want to do is download and install Lynx, but there are so many
> > darn files listed which is the right one?
> >
> > I have Windows 98

I don't make the binary available myself, but my web page has links
to three different binaries for Windows. There is also a lynx binary
distributed from Cygwin mirrors.
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html";

You will need to make a batch file, setting the appropriate
environment variables, then running lynx.exe. Make a shortcut to the
batch file, then click on it when you want to run lynx. There isn't
any automated installation. I would suggest starting with the binary
from Jim Spath. Once you have it working, you can look at the other
binaries.
                        Doug
__
Doug Kaufman