Re: lynx-dev Thinking of a Possible Javascript to html Converter

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Thinking of a Possible Javascript to html Converter
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:02:32 -0400 (EDT)

From: Eduardo Chappa <address@hidden>

> This reminds me of the mathematical proof that men can not fly to the
> moon. I am not an expert in the code of the library, but I can't imagine
> that there is no way of doing this.

Far be it from us to discourage you from taking on the task!  Good Luck!

However, if the idea was that you would generate the idea and someone else
would code it, you have to understand that no one here that codes for
lynx is of a mind of taking on the hours of work it would take to do
this.

Perhaps one day someone with a serious enough need will take on one of
the various proposals made here.  As of right now, it doesn't appear that
any of the programmers we have on the list consider it high enough priority
to take it on.

Perhaps someone in a software engineering or other programming class
would like to propose this as a class project.
--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>