Re: lynx-dev lss color-schemes for xterm?

From: Morten Bo Johansen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lss color-schemes for xterm?
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 15:31:48 +0200

Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
>
> > gray shows as black
> > lightgray shows as "beige"
> > brown shows as "green-yellow"
>
> that doesn't fit any patterns I've got in my head - but perhaps your
> system has color resources set that are overriding the default ones
> in xterm.  (If you questioned the non-bright background color, that's
> known, but the green-yellow doesn't sound familiar).  Perhaps a screen
> dump would show what you're seeing.

I have attached three small *.pngs to show in purity what those
colors look like under X. They look okay on the console but
alas I don't know how to make color screenshots from the
console so I can't include them for comparison.

As for the gray color screendump it seems that if you view it
qiv it will stand out as infact gray on a black background but
if you view it in 'display' it stands out the way I see it in
Lynx, as black or extremely dark gray -- much differently than
on the console at any rate.

Regards,

Morten

--
"The more human beings proceed by plan the more effectively they may be
 hit by accident."                              (Friedrich Duerrenmatt)