Re: lynx-dev lss color-schemes for xterm?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lss color-schemes for xterm?
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 12:13:49 -0400

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 03:37:16PM +0200, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
> Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > > I was further wondering if it would be much work to implement
> > > color-style with slang? Slang can use the whole slew of colors
> > > under X. Look for instance at some of the color-schemes for xjed.
> >
> > slang cannot do anything that we're not already doing with ncurses.
>
> I see. When I compare with xjed, however, it seems that colors
> work better for me with slang.

the slang library doesn't contain any X code - that's in xjed.

strictly speaking, slang stores color attribute values separately
from curses in a manner that would allow storing more color values
than the 16 which are supported; however increasing the number of
colors past 16 would require modifying the C code.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com