lynx-dev persistant cookies don't work!

From: Tracy R Reed
Subject: lynx-dev persistant cookies don't work!
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 21:12:38 -0700

I'm having a heck of a time getting persistant cookies to work. I want to
use lynx in a script and the site I am connecting to requires a cookie to
be set to do anything. I have used 2.8.3 and the latest 2.8.4.

I have tried turning on PERSISTENT_COOKIES:TRUE in the lynx.cfg file

I have tried ./configure --enable-persistent-cookies (even though I've
only seen it mentioned once somewhere in the list archive and nowhere in
the docs)

And I have tried editing the makefile to say:

SITE_DEFS = -DEXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES

and I've ever tried all three at once! But no matter what I do I can't get
it to save the cookies to the file specified:

COOKIE_FILE:~/.lynx_cookies

it creates the file when I exit lynx but it's always zero length.

What am I missing?

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org
"Lift my days, light up my nights"