Re: lynx-dev Failures building 2.8.4rel.1

From: Matt
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Failures building 2.8.4rel.1
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:06:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 07:14:41PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> >     setenv LIBS="-L$HOME/lib -lncurses"
> I was going to suggest, offhand
>       setenv LIBS="-L$HOME/lib -static -lncurses -dynamic"
> just to be sure.  But that turns on a debug-option in my FreeBSD's gcc, makes
> very large config.log file (-static does work, sort-of: I don't recommend
> that,
> after seeing what happens ;-).
>
> Also, the CPPFLAGS variable isn't processed in that version of 'make', so you
> would have to set $CFLAGS.

Actually CPPFLAGS worked fine for me. And I was using /usr/bin/make, so I'm set
I guess. I used the LIBS and CPPFLAGS line from your previous message. I'd
check to see if it worked with the default ncurses, but the load on this
machine is far too high today.

Should this be added to INSTALLATION? And is 2.8.4 now the current version?
http://lynx.browser.org/ still shows 2.8.3, but links to 2.8.4, as has been
pointed out to me by numerous friends/acquaintences. (I'm the "weird geek" who
also happens to "not like graphics"... ;)

And now that it works for me, is there anything I should do here to see if we
can pin this down?

--Matt