Re: lynx-dev Download indicator hogs my bandwidth

From: Pat Traynor
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Download indicator hogs my bandwidth
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:36:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Mike Castle wrote:

> Perhaps if the Pat ran lynx under script, and obtained some numbers there,
> we could attack the issue from that view point.

This morning, I ran Lynx without my patch, but it's not the latest
version.  It's version 2.8rel.2.  I went to my news server and
downloaded a 90-meg file.  The download took about 15 minutes and
created a 600k typescript file.  I've zipped it and put it here:

http://www.page-crafters.com/lynx

If you think it would be better to do the same test with the latest
version of Lynx, let me know and I'll do that.

--pat--
--
Pat Traynor
address@hidden