Re: lynx-dev Lynx, text areas, and long line wrapping question

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx, text areas, and long line wrapping question
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:44:58 -0400 (EDT)

From: Vlad Harchev <address@hidden>

> Conclusion: Larry, it seems you are trying to edit textarea content in
>external editor (but you didn't mention it). Yes, if you'll type very long

Yes, I am editing via an external editor.

> line in text editor, lynx will ask whether to wrap it, and if you say no and

Long in this case seems to be 'wider than about 70 chars'.

the line was longed than 2k, it will still wrap lines at 2k unconditionally.

This is nasty.  If it is programmed to refuse to honor my request, then
it should not bother asking me!

Also, 2k is too small, in my opinion.  Any reason why this particular
limit was chosen?  And any chance this limit could at the very least be
a configure option of some sort?

> The only way you can improve the situation is by recompiling lynx with higher
>line length limit (dunno what #define you'll have to tweak).

Too bad Lynx breaks some web apps by doing this...
--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>