Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx or ncurses bug ?

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx or ncurses bug ?
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 13:34:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 05, 2001, at 11:46:54 -0400 Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
>
> > more useful, I think, would be a url and what you're asking
> > it to search for (the earlier bug report was for a page with
> > no links, which I overlooked for some reason - but I thought
> > I'd fixed that in pre.4).
>
> You should be able to reproduce it creating a simple text
> file with a few lines and doing a search for a word that
> isn't in the file.
>
> I did it with /home/pervalidus/tmp/downlog . Contents:
>
> warning: updatedb: could not access /etc/updatedb.conf: open: No such file or
> directory
>
> I used "test" in the search.

I assumed that, from the trace (though I don't understand the succeeding
part of the trace which saved the cookies and exited).  I'm running
2.8.4rel.1 w/o problem (and don't recall any changes to search after
the one you reported).  But - checking, I do see this on a _short_ file.
So I guess the length of the file is the aspect that breaks it.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com