lynx-dev Lynx and mp3 files

From: Michel SUCH
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx and mp3 files
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:47:59 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I am very new to this mailing list and don't know if this matter has been
discussed before.

Well, I work on porting lynx2-8-5 to os/2 with gcc/emx compiler.

I have a problem with mp3 files.

I set up a viewer for those files, and when downloading one, the sound is
very bad.
Looking at the file stored in the temporary directory I can see that its
length is different from the original one.

With the trace option, I can imagine that all this comes from somewhere in
the
www/library/implementation directory, but I cannot figure how to fix this.

One solution I can imagine is, when file extension is mp3, create some m3u
or mpl file in the temp directory and stream the mp3 file.

Has this already been evoked before?