Re: lynx-dev mp3 and local files problem

From: Michel Such
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mp3 and local files problem
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:15:42 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 19:53:31 -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:

>On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 01:28:11AM +0100, Michel SUCH wrote:
>> In fact, this does not happen only with mp3 files, but also with any other
>> (zip...).
>> When you try to pass a local file to a viewer, this one is corrupted
>> (generally shorter than the original one).
>> I have experienced it with zip and wav files.
>>
>> The problem seems to be somewhere in htfwriter but I can't really locate
>> it.
>>
>> Any idea?
>
>two places to look:
>
>       a) see the SetOutputMode(), SetDefaultMode() macros in LYCurses.h, and
> how they're
>          used (or not used in your case), and

I have changed lyutils.c so that when __EMX__ it uses the setmode
command that is in openhiddenfile.
The problem remains.

I think the problem is with setdefaultmode that probably would be
usefull but I don't how to make it in OS/2.
If any idea
>       b) less likey, look at the mode (second parameter) of fopen.  Doug
>          Kaufman made a comment to the effect that my having substituted "r"
>          to TXT_R in some places would break things, since TXT_R when DOSPATH
>          is defined is an explicit text-type rather than whatever the
>          SetDefaultMode() macro leaves it as.  But the EMX build doesn't
>          define DOSPATH (and SetDefaultMode() won't work there).
>
>          But it's possible that I broke something anyway...

Checked for this, it does not seem to make problem.
At least when I switch back from txt_r to "r", it repairs nothing.
>(I haven't be on OS/2 for about a month, but agree this should be fixed)

I come on investigating.
>--
>Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
>http://dickey.his.com