Re: lynx-dev CYGWIN patch for lynx2.8.5dev.2

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev CYGWIN patch for lynx2.8.5dev.2
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:15:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> The ability to interrupt nameserver lookup has not worked in Win98 using
> the Cygwin port, despite defining _WINDOWS_NSL. It looks like the
> threaded code is only for WinNT. At least under Cygwin, that code also
> seems to work fine under Win98. This changes the HTTCP.c to use the
> threaded _WINDOWS_NSL code for all Cygwin machines. Does anyone know
> what the problem was that lead to the code being only for WinNT
> originally? Does anyone see problems with these changes?

I don't recall either - I have an impression that it was from SH's
changes, but would have to review the source to see (I'll probably
do that, to check if there are any comments in the changelog that
might apply).  Perhaps it didn't work for Cygwin at the time - that's
been a couple of years, and b19 or b19.1 was current then.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com