lynx-dev can't access startfile

From: Sue Rosselet
Subject: lynx-dev can't access startfile
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 13:36:16 -0500

Folks,

Running Lynx2-7-2 on an OVMS Alpha-VAX cluster.  Yes, it's an older
version of lynx, but it's not heavily used and has been working great.

Recently, I had to change the domain name of my HTTPD server from
   CSWWW.Bemdji.MSUS.edu
   CSWWW.BemdjiState.edu

I changed my LYNX.CFG file to reflect that change ...

STARTFILE:http://cswww.bemidjistate.edu

and that's the only line I've changed.  But when I try, it eventually
times out with the message:

lynx: can't access startfile http://cswww.bemidjistate.edu/

The server clearly works with the new URL.  I can get at my WWW pages
thru other browers. I can also
  $ LYNX cswww.bemidjistate.edu
from another campus system that runs the same version of Lynx.
>From my system, I can use LYNX to access other URLs.  I just can't seem
to get it to access my own!

The cluster has been rebooted since the .CFG change, so LYNX$STARTUP.COM
has been executed and the latest image is installed.

So what have I missed??  Can someone please point me in the right
direction?

TIA

Sue Rosselet
address@hidden