Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "Tables": let lynx simply run w3m for tables (via usr

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "Tables": let lynx simply run w3m for tables (via usr command)?
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:40:33 +0900

From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "Tables": let lynx simply run w3m for tables (via
usr command)?
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 05:11:21 -0400

> > I'm sure this has been suggested *many* times before,
> > but why not have a lynx cmd that says "redisplay
> > the current url via w3m" -- but somehow fix it
> > so that lynx's "p(rint)" command can work on that
> > display too, sending it to a file.
>
> I do that, with the external commands:
>
> EXTERNAL:ftp:w3m %s:TRUE
> EXTERNAL:file:w3m %s:TRUE
> EXTERNAL:http:w3m %s:TRUE
(snip)

> which gives a popup menu when I press '.' or ',' for the current link or page
> (there's no point in adding commands to lynx when it already can do this)

Well, I might misunderstand something but does "w3m" work
with the above entry?

As far as I tested, it displaied "w3m http://some/where";
for a while but nothing happened.

When I setted "EXTERNAL:http:xterm -e w3m %s:TRUE"
it worked but in another xterm.

Best regards,                   2001.10.4

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.