Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "Tables": let lynx simply run w3m for tables (via usr

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "Tables": let lynx simply run w3m for tables (via usr command)?
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 06:05:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
> > EXTERNAL:ftp:w3m %s:TRUE
> > EXTERNAL:file:w3m %s:TRUE
> > EXTERNAL:http:w3m %s:TRUE
> (snip)
> Well, I might misunderstand something but does "w3m" work
> with the above entry?

I use the w3m and opera lines the most (opera to get a quick graphic view,
and w3m to compare layout).  'links' ranks last, because it tends to hang
on some sites, and doesn't look as nice as w3m.  Mostly I use the binding
that redisplays the current page rather than the current link.

> As far as I tested, it displaied "w3m http://some/where";
> for a while but nothing happened.

Perhaps something in one of our configurations (I haven't tuned w3m much
other than installing it with "lynx" keybindings).  Usually I'm running
in 'screen' within xterm, and w3m comes up fine.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net