Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "Tables": let lynx simply run w3m for tables (via usr

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "Tables": let lynx simply run w3m for tables (via usr command)?
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 08:26:49 +0900

From: "Thomas E. Dickey" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: "Tables": let lynx simply run w3m for tables (via
usr command)?
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 06:05:45 -0400 (EDT)

> > > EXTERNAL:ftp:w3m %s:TRUE
> > > EXTERNAL:file:w3m %s:TRUE
> > > EXTERNAL:http:w3m %s:TRUE
> > (snip)
>
> > As far as I tested, it displaied "w3m http://some/where";
> > for a while but nothing happened.
>
> Perhaps something in one of our configurations (I haven't tuned w3m much
> other than installing it with "lynx" keybindings).  Usually I'm running
> in 'screen' within xterm, and w3m comes up fine.

Ah, very sorry, it's my mistake.  I usually run lynx
with -use_mouse and we need some trick to enble -use_mouse
(in case slang version within kterm, at least).

This trick, setting $TERM to some value, seems the problem.
When I run lynx without the trick, w3m comes up fine.

Thanks and very sorry for my noise.

Best regards,                2001.10.5

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.