Re: lynx-dev Download does not Allow Save

From: James Phillips
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Download does not Allow Save
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:47:49 -0400 (EDT)

--- Arun Prabhakaran <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I have been using 2.8rel.2 version. Here, after I download the a
> file, it
> comes up with a link to save data; and it saves too.
>
>    But now I have got 2.8.3rel.1 version. Here, it does offer the
> link to save
> the data. But there it does not save it to the disk. I checked the
> manuals and
> found that, I have to use something called an Alternate Download
> Method using
> Kermit or ZModem. Is there any way, I can make it work like my
> previous version?
>
>    My problem is that I am behind a firewall with a proxy. Can
> anybody help me
> out?
>

> Regards
> Arun

This may seem obvious, but is your new version of lynx trying to save
in the same location?
Try comparing lynx.cfg files. If you can veiw webpages on the
other side of the proxy, you should be able to save them.

-james

=====
James Phillips
***Cut through the HYPE!: try the LYNX browser***
DOS/Win32: http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.html
MacOS: http://www.lirmm.fr/~gutkneco/maclynx/
UNIXish/other ports: http://lynx.browser.org