Re: lynx-dev annoying blinking of lynx with ncurses

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev annoying blinking of lynx with ncurses
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 06:01:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I used to compile lynx with slang but, this time,
> I try lynx with ncurses.  It is fine because it works
> well with -use_mouse on kterm.
>
> But I found that lynx with ncurses blinks very much
> than that with slang, for example, when I input one letter
> (or character?) in text field (or form?) it blinks.
> This is really annoying and it never occured with slang
> version lynx.
>
> Is this well-known already and difficult to fix?

I think it depends on the page you're trying to view (there are some
changes that people made to solve some not-very-well-specified problems
with repainting after displaying CJK).  I can take a look at it if you
can describe the conditions (there may be a better fix, maybe not - I
don't know).

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net