Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: can I validate html via EMAIL?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: can I validate html via EMAIL?
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 17:13:07 -0400

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 07:32:39PM +0200, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
> What I would really like is to be able to validate the current
> page with just a couple of keypresses (like in EXTERNAL using ',')
> Has anybody got such a setup working?

I usually run tidy using a script that Klaus Weide sent to this list
a while back.  (Though it, and weblint are probably more useful for
just generating error lines).  That script could be run as an EXTERNAL.

(But I haven't done anything to setup the other validators via a
keypress, since the pages I would be trying to do quick checks on are
not visible to them - the additional effort to invoke the validator isn't
much after I've installed the pages where they can do their job).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net