Re: lynx-dev Lynx bug in interaction with ebay.com?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx bug in interaction with ebay.com?
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 11:21:51 -0400

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 03:11:06PM +0200, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:

> The poster wrote to me and suggested that Lynx had changed its
> behaviour somewhere in the later development versions since the
> ebay pages had always worked for him with Lynx previously and
> so to check his assertion I installed version 2.8.3 (I really
> love those encaps) and tried again and lo and behold - it
> works!
>
> So it is a "bug" (or removed fault tolerance ) which has been
> introduced into Lynx since version 2.8.3.

I did alter some of the SGML parsing around '=', which may be related to
this.  But checking the changelog indicates that I tried a change, it
didn't work, and I put it back (may still be the problem area).

> Hope this narrows down the problem somewhat.

it's worth knowing (I have a local rcs copy of all of the versions, so it's
not _too_ painful to compare things).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net