Re: lynx-dev Problems downloading with Lynx285dev3

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problems downloading with Lynx285dev3
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:31:59 -0400

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:36:47PM +0100, Fr3dY wrote:

>       Hi. I've compiled Lynx285dev3 under AmigaOS and it works fine,
>    except for downloading files. When I press 'd' to download and it
>    finishes, the 'Save to Disk' screen appear, and when saving, THIS
>    screen (in HTML source code) is saved with the name of the
>    downloaded file. I looked at the temporary file in tmp: linked to
>    the downloaded file, and it IS the source code of the Download
>    Screen. Older versions worked fine. I compiled it with the options:
>
>    --disable-trace --disable-long-list --disable-dired --enable-source-cache
>    --with-ssl

"older versions" are dev.2, etc?  (The only thing I recall offhand is the
change to allow mkstemp, which would be slightly different logic, possibly
exposing a bug either in lynx or in mkstemp).  The simplest way to factor that
out is to edit lynx_cfg.h, removing the line that defines HAVE_MKSTEMP, then

        make clean
        make

If there's no such lines in lynx_cfg.h, then it's a different area (which
would require some more info to guess where it might be).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net