Re: lynx-dev annoying blinking of lynx with ncurses

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev annoying blinking of lynx with ncurses
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:15:23 -0400

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 08:00:14AM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> 1) lynx's popup window appeared to select external commands
> 2) pressed enter key
> 3) popup window disappered
> 4) lynx appeared again for a few seconds
> 5) then w3m ran
>
> and I mean, at the stage 4) above, lynx displaied wrong
> characters.  Sorry for my poor explanation but I hope
> you can understand what I want to say.

this is probably similar to the problem I'm working on, but I'm not sure it's
identical (I'm working on modifying lynx to work with the wide-character
version of ncurses, which could make it work properly with UTF-8 locale -- but
I don't know that would make it work with an arbitrary ISO-2022 device).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net