Re: lynx-dev annoying blinking of lynx with ncurses

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev annoying blinking of lynx with ncurses
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:36:39 +0900

From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:15:23 -0400

> this is probably similar to the problem I'm working on, but I'm not sure it's
> identical (I'm working on modifying lynx to work with the wide-character
> version of ncurses, which could make it work properly with UTF-8 locale -- but
> I don't know that would make it work with an arbitrary ISO-2022 device).

Hmmm, then it might need rather long time to fix the problem?

IMHO, lynx with ncurses is almost useless if the patch
of Hataguchi is not applied, at least under CHARACTER_SET:euc-jp

There remains a problem but it is very rare to encounter
the problem, furthermore it happened only when one called
external commands from lynx.

So I think it is very helpful for users to adopt the patch
of Hataguchi in the next official(?) patch.

Best regards,                    2001.10.19

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.