Re: lynx-dev nntp problems with newsgroups.borland.com

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev nntp problems with newsgroups.borland.com
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:33:05 -0700

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 04:23:36PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 12:47:53PM -0700, Mike Castle wrote:
> > More of an FYI.  I sent mail to borland on their broken server, but of
> > course, don't know if it will get fixed.
> >
> > lynx nntp://newsgroups.borland.com simply doesn't work because their server
> > sends back only one line for xgtitle, rather than the entire list.
>
> I can connect to that url, and see articles.  What scenario are you trying
> and not succeeding?

Sorry.  should have been more precise in the "simply doesn't work" area.
But ssh into home machine from work, and lagging a bit due to ongoing
downloads.  Typing is... painful.  :->

Only seeing one newsgroup.

   borland.public.jbuilder.opentools
          Sporleder

address@hidden:30pm]~(508) telnet newsgroups.borland.com nntp
Trying 207.105.83.65...
Connected to newsgroups.borland.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 dnews DNEWS 5.5d1, S2, posting OK 207.105.83.65
xgtitle *
282 list follows
borland.public.jbuilder.opentools       Sporleder
.
list
215 list of newsgroups follows
inprise.public.appserver 24355 12454 y