Re: lynx-dev MSN vs. Opera?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev MSN vs. Opera?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:49:17 +0900 (JST)

> the release of WinXP, MSN had modified its server to be more hostile to
> non-IE browsers.  Chief victim was reported to be Opera.  Has anyone heard

Not just "non-IE" browsers.  For a friend I've been trying to refurbish a
1994 Aptiva running Windows95 and version 4 MSIE.  It's just been a painful
struggle to update and put on security patches.  It's obvious their ONLY
objective is money with no concern whatsoever for customer satisfaction.

Actually, my real reason for replying is that it seems to be the only way
I can post to this list.  Below is a follow-up on my previous "bug" report
that I've tried three times to get to the list.

__Henry

  > an explicit check for A-Z).  So either I'm misunderstanding the problem

  Press 'A' to save to a bookmark, press 'D' or 'L' to save either the
  document or the link, then press 'Z'.  With my setup I go back to the
  point where I pressed 'A', and nothing is saved to bookmark 'Z'.

  AFAIK, the same "bug" exists with the 'v' command.  I can go to multi-
  bookmarks A-Y just by pressing the letter at the prompt, whereas 'Z' will
  cancel the command and I end up at the point where I pressed 'v'.

  The only way I can use bookmark Z is to first go to the menu by pressing
  '=', and select from the menu.

  In case it matters, I have the following settings in .lynxrc:
  sub_bookmarks=ADVANCED
  user_mode=ADVANCED

  I can reproduce this with Lynx 2.8.5dev.2 on Solaris2.6 and 2.8.4dev.15
  on NetBSD/pc981.4.3alpha.  In both cases I use Lynx in a Screen window
  over TeraTerm.