Re: lynx-dev MSN vs. Opera?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev MSN vs. Opera?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:25:57 -0500

011029 Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> 011029 Philip Webb wrote:
>> i've given up on Opera, which repeatedly gets lost downloading complex dox.
>> Netscape 4.7 is adequate & useful for image-heavy sites,
>> but even with my new hi-speed line Lynx remains my browser of choice.
> but on linux, netscape has a tendency to blow up
> use 99% of the cpu without recovery,
> and the couple of snapshots of mozilla which I tried don't work much better

that's never happened to me (it's Netscape 4.61 actually);
i have  384 MB  memory (was 128) & a  466 MHz  processor,
in case the problem is inadequate hardware (tho' that's unlikely for you).
i haven't tried Mozilla, but it may be included with Mandrake 8.0 ,
which i will be installing in the near future.  IE is a good browser,
but of course M$ won't make it available for any other platform.
Konqueror should be included with Mandrake 8.0 too.